From: ABC XYZ
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 3:57 PM
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Last Day @ XYZ
Today is my last day at XYZ. I really had a wonderful time (1) working with each and every one of you (2). You
will remain very special (3) to me.
Thank you so much for making my stay at XYZ a memorable one (4).
Keep in touch... (5) In this small world (6) I am sure (7) our paths would cross again soon.
With Best Regards,
- Plain lie (as disclosed privately in-person).
- Factually wrong
- Verbosity. ‘very’ is not required.
- Again, Redundant verbosity
- ‘…’ – Never good in a formal email
- Unnecessary assumption and mostly wrong
- Bold confidence. Factually certain surety is not possible!
- The number is not valid and repeated in signature
- Two email id's are confusing.
A better and simpler version could have been –
“Today is my last day at XYZ. It was a pleasure to get to know each one of you. Stay in touch. I can be contacted at [email protected]__.__”
Updated - 5/20/09 - Simple