Written by Umang Saini
EightIt's been eight years. Eight long years since graduating from DEI in 2005. 6.5 years at MindTree and 1.5 at Ittiam Systems. 6.5 in Bangalore and 1.5 in Delhi/Noida.
Here are eight lessons learned
- Play to win - There's no other way.
- RCA- Root cause analysis - It's important to get to the root.
- Big Picture - Zoom out often to keep the big-picture intact. It's easy to lose sight of the horizon.
- Learn by Doing
- Work Ethic and Discipline - Again, difficult to maintain, and slippage will hurt
- Seven and Frugal - Try keeping stuff for 7 years minimum and adopt frugaity. Certainly not for everyone. We cannot continue discarding working stuff every 1-2 years.
- Measure what's measurable - Measure
- Be Audacious - Break stereotypes, break stigma. Don't let dogma put you down.